Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by lukaszkaleta <lu...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/23 17:05:40 UTC

Tapestry 5.3.3 quickstart, Gradle, Idea: life class reloading issue

Hi :)

I am checking tapestry quickstart application build with gradle.
For dev I am using idea (gradle idea)

I have problem with life class reloading when project is started with gradle
jettyRun.
I configure mine ide to compile classes into build/classes/main/

When I do the same with maven it works (classes under target/classes)

Could you please give me a hint how to solve this ?

Re: Tapestry 5.3.3 quickstart, Gradle: life class reloading issue

Posted by lukaszkaleta <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for help.

I do not know what I had wrong ... I start from scrach with new project and
is works now.

Re: Tapestry 5.3.3 quickstart, Gradle: life class reloading issue

Posted by Taha Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
One thing I do forget sometimes is setting PRODUCTION_MODE to false.

Also you can delete the build directory and check if idea is putting the classes in the right folder.

regards
Taha

Posted by Taha Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Yes and works like a charm.

I have added this to the idea plugin in build.gradle.

idea {
        module {
            inheritOutputDirs = false
            outputDir = file("build/classes/main")
            testOutputDir = file('build/classes/test')

            downloadJavadoc = true
            downloadSources = true
        }
    }

Posted by lukaszkaleta <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
I use cmd + F9 after I make a change and it is done.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Tapestry 5.3.3 quickstart, Gradle, Idea: life class reloading issue

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
My lazy reply: have you worked through the troubleshooting section at the
bottom of http://tapestry.apache.org/class-reloading.html ?