Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> on 2012/06/11 03:12:39 UTC

PubSub and more for releases

Hi all,

To release a bundle, we currently copy the files to /www/www.apache.org/dist/sling on people.a.o and then wait for rsync to kick in to copy the stuff to the server.

For some time now, infra supports svnpubsub for dist artifacts [1]. This has the advantage, that a deployment is as simple as "svn add-ing" the new relase and "svn rm-ing" the old artifacts and have the site updated with in seconds of the svn commit.

In addition, we currently have 1595 files in the dist folder, making this folder rather large and convoluted. Since we are basically free how we structure the dist area, I suggest we create intermediate folders like with have them in our SVN: commons, jcr, scripting, servlets, etc.

Finally I think we should push the new site forward. See sling.staging.apache.org again. In the context of deploying releases, have a look at the new download page source [2]. This is basically just a list of tuples for each bundle consisting of the name, artifactId, and version.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#distribution_dist