Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/12 03:15:18 UTC

Code Donation Inquiry

hi Commons Dev@,
Over in the Crawler Commons project [0] we are discussing the topic of
donating code to TheASF and potentially under the Apache Commons project.
Crawler commons is a Java library which builds and maintains shares
components for crawlers. We have been making pretty regular releases
recently and the code is in a pretty decent state with around 4 active
committers.
I wondered if someone could describe how such efforts have worked
previously. This will hopefully give us a better idea of what is required
to bring the codebase to Apache.
The code is already licensed under ASLv2.0
[0] https://code.google.com/p/crawler-commons/

--
*Lewis*

Re: Code Donation Inquiry

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Phil,
Context and advice is very helpful.
Thanks

--
*Lewis*

Re: Code Donation Inquiry

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Re: Code Donation Inquiry

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
+1, this looks to be better-suited as a sub-project of http
components.  Looks cool, though!

Re: Code Donation Inquiry

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 8:21 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> wrote:

> The scope of this library looks closer to the Apache HttpComponents
> project (http://hc.apache.org), did you consider contacting them?

That makes sense. Or perhaps in Commons Net?

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/