Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/01 12:57:07 UTC

[DISCUSS] ASF Board Draft Report - October 2019

Here is the attached draft of our board report for this month. IPlease
let me know if you'd like to see something changed or added.

Apache TinkerPop is a graph computing framework for both graph databases
(OLTP) and graph analytic systems (OLAP).

## Activity:
Since our last report, TinkerPop has released versions 3.3.8 and 3.4.3,
both of which included bug fixes and minor improvements. We've had almost a
full year now of two month release cycles and have accomplished the goal
firming up our last major release of 3.4.0. We are currently considering a
potential slow down in this release rate by releasing every three months for
these branches. We are currently preparing for release of 3.3.9 and 3.4.4
which should be available around the time of this board meeting.

The wider TinkerPop community saw two official release announcements that
expanded Gremlin's footprint in two separate programming language
ecosystems:

* grammes[1] - a strongly typed Gremlin server driver for Go.
* greskell[2] - a Haskell binding for Gremlin graph query language.

There were a number of talks/papers about TinkerPop, Gremlin and related
projects during this reporting period. Here were some by TinkerPop
committers/PMC members:

* Distributed Data Show - What's new in TinkerPop 3.4[3] - Stephen Mallette
* Towards an Integrated Graph Algebra for Graph Pattern Matching
  with Gremlin[4] - Harsh Thakkar
* mm-ADT - A Multi-Model Abstract Datatype[5] - Marko Rodriguez

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Releases:
- 3.3.8 (August 5, 2019)
- 3.4.3 (August 5, 2019)

## PMC/Committer:
- Last PMC addition was Jorge Bay-Gondra - October 2018
- Last committer addition was Joshua Shinavier - June 2019

## Links

[1] https://github.com/northwesternmutual/grammes
[2] https://github.com/debug-ito/greskell
[3] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URJTysRCWqQ
[4] https://arxiv.org/abs/1908.06265
[5] https://s.apache.org/tgn29

Re: [DISCUSS] ASF Board Draft Report - October 2019

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
I've posted the report for October. Another report in the books....