Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com> on 2007/05/14 09:23:47 UTC

PasswordCalback authentification

Hi all,

i am considering the Rampart architecture in order to implement user
authentification
based on username token.I can say that the username and password are
available in the
Password Callback but is that the place where the actual authentification
should happen
(login implementation against authentification system) or it is the
place for set/get  username/password and
rampart have a separate Login module or so?

Thanks,
Nencho

Re: PasswordCalback authentification

Posted by Dimuthu <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi Nancho,

Rampart does not have a separate Login module. Authentication is
performed in the password callback handler.

A good sample is;
rampart/trunk/java/modules/rampart-samples/policy/sample01/src/org/apache/rampart/samples/policy/sample01/PWCBHandler.java

Another good article is available here
http://wso2.org/library/240

Cheers,
Dimuthu