Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/11/04 09:48:19 UTC

Fwd: Distributed queue problem with peerClassLoading enabled

Igniters,

I want to bring your attention to my email response on the user list. I
just want to confirm that we are all on the same page and that my
understanding is correct.

I think that once we merge the BinaryObject to the release branch, we
should remove the restriction on SHARED or CONTINUOUS deployment modes in
cache, assuming that our own Binary marshaling is used.

Alexey G, given that you are in charge of this merge, can you please make
this change as well?

Thanks,
D.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Ticket is created

If anyone is ready to pick it up and fix then go ahead ;)

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Alexey, Dmitriy,

So the restriction (see discussion above) is still there in 1.5 release.

If we still want to remove it then it makes sense to create a JIRA ticket.
Thoughts?

In addition if the restriction is removed then we have to take care of this
bug that is related to unintentional deserialization of binary objects
stored in a distributed queue

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 4:39 AM, Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncharuk@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I am not sure what behavior we want to achieve here. Do we want to
> disable cache peer class loading for binary marshaling altogether?
> This restriction is safe to remove only if user chooses to work exclusively
> with Binary object representation.

Alexey, yes, you are right. Currently we have a restriction for PRIVATE or
ISOLATED deployment modes in caches. I am suggesting we should remove this
restriction and add a warning in the log about using only Binary
representation.

> If user still wants to work with class object representation, SHARED
> or CONTINUOUS deployment mode is still a requirement for the same reasons
> it was a requirement before.

Agree.

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure what behavior we want to achieve here. Do we want to disable
cache peer class loading for binary marshalling altogether? This