Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Struts Two <st...@yahoo.ca> on 2008/05/10 02:10:00 UTC

struts 2.1.2 action url fails (possible bug)

I have deployed struts 2.1.2 blank.war application (on Websphere V6.1 with EJB 3 feature pack) under the context root of "ccol" with basic form security enabled. if I enter the url:
https://localhost:9445/ccol/index.html
then the url is redirected to
https://localhost:9445/ccol/exa  mple/HelloWorld.action
I see the example page ( within the same browser, I can now enter any url that ends with ".action" . However, if I open a new browser and enter: https://localhost:9445/ccol/example/HelloWorld  .action
I get "page not found" error. I then installed 2.0.11 blank.war application, everything works fine with no problem. Below is the first few lines in the server dump that got when 2.1.2 blank.war failed.

[5/8/08 9:23:38:095 EDT] , key = java.io.FileNotFoundException com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.handleRequest 573
Exception = java.io.FileNotFoundException
Source = com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.handleRequest
probeid = 573
Stack Dump = java.io.FileNotFoundException: /example/HelloWorld.action

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

RE: struts 2.1.2 action url fails (possible bug)

Posted by "Relph,Brian" <Br...@Cerner.com>.
Can you verify what version of WAS 6.1 you are running, and can you check and make sure this fix is applied -

The errors you describe are symptoms of not having the filter-compatibility property set.

Brian Relph

[...]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.