Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by TIMMERMAN Craig <Cr...@alcatel-lucent.com> on 2008/01/24 17:33:29 UTC

split a string on newline

Hello,

I have been searching for a solution and haven't seen anything yet, here
is the problem:

I have a string that contains values separated by new line characters.
Is there any way to split the string into an array?  I've tried

#set( $aStringArray = $Property1.split("\n") )

but it doesn't seem to understand the new line character.  Is there any
way to do this?

Thanks.

Re: split a string on newline

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, VTL isn't the same as java with regard to string escape
sequences.  Have you tried:

#set( $aStringArray = $Property1.split("
") )

Re: split a string on newline

Posted by XtraByte <va...@gmail.com>.
By converting it into UTF8 String, you can do as follows
System.out.println("Query:\n" + query);
        Vector<String> queries = new Vector();
        try {
            query = URLEncoder.encode(query, "UTF8");
            System.out.println("Encoded: " + query);
        } catch (UnsupportedEncodingException ex) {

Logger.getLogger(ResultSetTable.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null,
ex);
        }

        String[] list = query.split("%3B%0D%0A");
        System.out.println(list.length + " queries found in the input");

        for (int i = 0; i < list.length; i++) {
            String q = list[i];

            System.out.println("query: " + q);
            try {
                q = URLDecoder.decode(q, "UTF8");
                System.out.println("Decoded: " + q);
                if(q!= null){
                    q = q.trim();

                }
            } catch (UnsupportedEncodingException ex) {

Logger.getLogger(ResultSetTable.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null,
ex);
            }
            queries.add(q);