Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Marc Saegesser <Ma...@apropos.com> on 2002/02/19 17:03:27 UTC

[httpclient] More HttpMultiClient patches - initial strict mode stuff

The attached are three patches that update my previous patches for the
HttpMultiClient stuff.

HttpMethodBase.java - Fixes a bug I created when I tried to fix the broken
handling of a 100 status codes.  I had this working correctly once, but due
to sever fumble fingered-ness I trashed it.  When I re-implemented it I did
it wrong.  Anywhere, this version handes 100 status codes correctly.  I also
added some preliminary support for StrictMode/Non-StrictMode.  This is the
stuff I was talking about before where we need to support sites that
implement HTTP incorrectly.  The first case I've dealt with is a site that
returns a relative path in the Location header for a redirect.  If strict
mode is not enabled I attempt to build a new URL in the context of the
current request.

HttpMethod.java - Added accessor methods for strictMode.

HttpMultiClient.java - Added accessor methods for strictMode.  Updated
executeMethod() to set the strictMode for each request.

Marc Saegesser

Re: [httpclient] More HttpMultiClient patches - initial strict mode stuff

Posted by dIon Gillard <di...@multitask.com.au>.
Marc Saegesser wrote:

>The attached are three patches that update my previous patches for the
>HttpMultiClient stuff.
>
>HttpMethodBase.java - Fixes a bug I created when I tried to fix the broken
>handling of a 100 status codes.  I had this working correctly once, but due
>to sever fumble fingered-ness I trashed it.  When I re-implemented it I did
>it wrong.  Anywhere, this version handes 100 status codes correctly.  I also
>added some preliminary support for StrictMode/Non-StrictMode.  This is the
>stuff I was talking about before where we need to support sites that
>implement HTTP incorrectly.  The first case I've dealt with is a site that
>returns a relative path in the Location header for a redirect.  If strict
>mode is not enabled I attempt to build a new URL in the context of the
>current request.
>
>HttpMethod.java - Added accessor methods for strictMode.
>
>HttpMultiClient.java - Added accessor methods for strictMode.  Updated
>executeMethod() to set the strictMode for each request.
>

>Marc Saegesser

Hi Marc,

just to let you know, I'm digesting the original patches you made, but
given HttpClient isn't my full time thing, it's taking a while. Do you
have any test cases for the patches/new functionality that can be used
to verify the code?

That sort of stuff would help me enormously.

--

dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
http://www.multitask.com.au/developers