Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Srinivas S Tamvada <ts...@yahoo.com> on 2015/05/15 16:49:08 UTC

Problem using third party shared object in map function

HiI am trying to use a third party jar, which comes with a shared object file.
When I try a jar which does not need a shared object, my map job works:example:  hadoop jar /tmp/yarn-wordcount-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar  mypack.WordCount  -libjars /folder/containing/external/jars/
I have tried many ways to get it to work when I use a jar which needs a shared object file.Some websites on cloudera and stack overflow have suggestions.
The official solution seems to be deprecated.http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.4.1/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/NativeLibraries.html
I have even tried copying my shared object file into these folders:/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.0-1.cdh5.4.0.p0.27/lib/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce/lib/native
/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.0-1.cdh5.4.0.p0.27/lib/hadoop/lib/native

can someone point out the latest and greatest way to use external jar files which need .so files ?
Thank you.