Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Shannon Deminick <sh...@umbraco.dk> on 2019/01/18 00:06:18 UTC

New website - steps to get this launched

Hi all,

Revisiting this new website (and docs stuff) based on the last thread
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/22c097a7c6eee169dfc80dbb1fc433c026b1806f825a599dcf426ed3@%3Cdev.lucenenet.apache.org%3E

Seems the consensus is to try to get this new site launched as a start to
try to promote a bit more development for this project.

I've updated the GH PR with a task list for both the website and docs
including links, etc... : https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/206

(I should prob split the PR into 2 - one for website and one for docs, but
can do that later)

Most of the website tasks are very easy and is just filling in content but
there are some interesting ones about hosting, branding, download CGI page
(whether this is a strict requirement or not)

Anyone have experience with the apache project site hosting, and
specifically using *gitpubsub* (since that seems to be the simplest way to
host this) and how we can make the switch from what we have currently to
this new site?

Anyone feel like figuring out what branding policies need to be
updated/fixed with the new site?

Let me know if you have other comments about that task list

RE: New website - steps to get this launched

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.
I think what we'll want to do is create a branch in our repo that is specifically for the website (they recommend "asf-site" as the branch. This assumes the new site can be compiled into static files via buildbot / Jenkins, if not we probably have to pre-process so that what is committed to git is what can go through buildbot/Jenkins or is already static.

I'm not familiar with the new site or how it's built, but if that all works, we should create that branch (or someone can create a PR and one of the committers can merge it) and then we should open a ticket with infrastructure team to finalize the configuration.

I can help with merging a PR, or opening the ticket with infra if someone can get it to that stage

Posted by Laimonas Simutis <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shannon Deminick <sh...@umbraco.dk>.

Posted by George Kinsman <ge...@georgekinsman.com>.

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.