Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/18 17:03:39 UTC

Issue with Ibatis in Websphere

Hi
We have a web application running in websphere, and for a while we are
seeing some hung threads in websphere,
do we did some java dump as insturcted by IBM and we are seeing some of the
following messages in the dump.

In our java program before calling SQL statemenet we do the following
SqlMapClient client =// get connection client from servlet context
client.setUserConnection(conn);
// do furthr processing of calling SQL statements.

I am not sure if this is the issue, but this is the messsage in the dump

  com.ibatis.common.util.Throttle.increment seems to be currently executing
on
             11 servlet threads.
         Since 100% (11 out of 11) of the threads doing servlet work seem to
be
             executing this method, it would seem that there
             is some possibility that this method and its call path
             may warrant investigation.
         Servlets affected:
            com.pfizer.maps.servlet.MapsBaseServlet [11 occurrances]
         Callers (servlet threads only):
            com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run [5]
            com.pfizer.maps.data.planning.GetPlanningData.getTotalData [2]
            com.pfizer.maps.data.planning.GetProductionData.getTotalData [2]

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI [1]
            com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServicingServletState.service[1]

This is ibaits version

Implementation-Title: iBatis sql map
Implementation-Version: 2.1.5 build# 582

Can anyone explain what this is, and how can we fix this

Ashish

Re: Issue with Ibatis in Websphere

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Thanks, for now i have changed my code as Jeff suggested and testing it,
still now not seen any major issues, and hope it continues that way.

Ashish

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Exactly.

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.