Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark_E <ma...@trustvesta.com> on 2007/10/16 15:37:34 UTC

Problem with the Maven Release Plugin

Hello,
  I have started to work with the maven-release-plugin and I am running into
a strange exception.

I run the following command:  mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true

And here is the error:

[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The data "- SCM Connection Information " is not legal for a JDOM
comment: Comment data cannot start with a hyphen..
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.jdom.IllegalDataException: The data "- SCM Connection Information " is
not legal for a JDOM comment: Comment data cannot start with a hyphen..
 at org.jdom.Comment.setText(Comment.java:120)
 at org.jdom.Comment.<init>(Comment.java:86)
 at org.jdom.DefaultJDOMFactory.comment(DefaultJDOMFactory.java:105)
 at org.jdom.input.SAXHandler.comment(SAXHandler.java:839)
 at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.comment(AbstractSAXParser.java:699)
 at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanComment(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:776)
 at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1730)

Now I have checked the data and I do not see anything that starts with a
hyphen.
My repository connection does have a hyphen in the machine name so that
might be the issue, I am not sure.

Has anyone run into this before and know how to get around it?

Thanks,
Mark