Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Ulavapalli, Prashant" <Pr...@digitalinsight.com> on 2014/06/06 19:43:59 UTC

Log4j2 with JBOSS 5

I was trying to upgrade to log4j2 myself for JBOSS 5. And seem to running into issues. Somehow JBOSS 5 is not recognizing the changes I made.

By default I guess JBOSS uses there jbosslogging and somehow I am not able to tie in log4j2 to it.

I have added

log4j-1.2-api-2.0-rc1.jar
log4j-api-2.0-rc1.jar
log4j-core-2.0-rc1.jar

In the war, I am deploying.

Also have replace/removed log4j 1.2 with the above jars in

jboss_home/client/
jboss_home/common/lib

Is there anything else I am missing?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
-prash

Re: Log4j2 with JBOSS 5

Posted by "Ulavapalli, Prashant" <Pr...@digitalinsight.com>.
I see this exception

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: class "org.slf4j.helpers.Log4jLoggerFactory"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package

at java.lang.ClassLoader.checkCerts(ClassLoader.java:812)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.preDefineClass(ClassLoader.java:493)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)

at org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.BaseClassLoader.access$200(BaseClassLoader.java:67)

at org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.BaseClassLoader$2.run(BaseClassLoader.java:633)

at org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.BaseClassLoader$2.run(BaseClassLoader.java:592)

at org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.BaseClassLoader.loadClassLocally(BaseClassLoader.java:591)

at org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.BaseClassLoader.loadClassLocally(BaseClassLoader.java:568)

at org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.BaseDelegateLoader.loadClass(BaseDelegateLoader.java:135)

at org.jboss.classloader.spi.filter.FilteredDelegateLoader.loadClass(FilteredDelegateLoader.java:131)

at org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.ClassLoadingTask$ThreadTask.run(ClassLoadingTask.java:455)

at org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.ClassLoaderManager.nextTask(ClassLoaderManager.java:267)

at org.jboss.classloader.spi.base.ClassLoaderManager.process(ClassLoaderManager.java:166)

Here is my setup

JBOSS-5, JDK 6

Added a file - JBOSS_HOME/server/default/conf/log4j2.xml
In the JBOSS_HOME/server/default/conf/jboss-server.xml
Update the mbean to load log4j2.xml
<mbean code="org.jboss.logging.Log4jService" name="jboss.system:type=Log4jService,service=Logging" xmbean-dd="resource:xmdesc/Log4jService-xmbean.xml">
      <attribute name="ConfigurationURL">resource:log4j2.xml</attribute>

I have the following libraries in

JBOSS_HOME/client and JBOSS_HOME/common/lib
log4j-1.2-api-2.0-rc1
log4j-api-2.0-rc1
log4j-core-2.0-rc1
log4j-slf4j-impl-2.0-rc1

Any ideas?
Thanks
-prash

From: Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>>
Date: Friday, June 6, 2014 at 11:20 AM
To: Log4J Users List <lo...@logging.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Log4j2 with JBOSS 5

I seem to recall having to remove a jbosslogging jar as it had its own SLF4J binding in it. Plus there was a bug that they didn't define one of the JUL log levels and it would throw an exception.  But I haven't looked at Jboss integration in about a year so the exact details are sketchy.

Ralph

Re: Log4j2 with JBOSS 5

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: Log4j2 with JBOSS 5

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I believe log4j2 support was added to a more recent version of
jboss-logging.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>