Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/04 08:32:37 UTC

[classlib][luni]Compatibility: java.util.GregorianCalendar

Hello All,

Several test cases in tests.api.java.util.GregorianCalendarTest fail on
RI 5.0 because The maximum and minimum Calendar.ZONE_OFFSET of Harmony
and RI are different. And I cound not find any related information in
the specification. Could anybody suggest? Thanks a lot.

Consider the following code:
        GregorianCalendar calendar = new GregorianCalendar();
        System.out.println("Maximun zone offset(hour): " +
calendar.getMaximum(Calendar.ZONE_OFFSET)/3600000);
        System.out.println("Minimun zone offset(hour): " +
calendar.getMinimum(Calendar.ZONE_OFFSET)/3600000);

*Output on RI 1.5.0_07:*
Maximun zone offset(hour): 14
Minimun zone offset(hour): -13

*Output on Harmony:*
Maximun zone offset(hour): 12
Minimun zone offset(hour): -12

Best regards,

--
Richard Liang
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: [classlib][luni]Compatibility: java.util.GregorianCalendar

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.

Oleg Khaschansky wrote:
> Take a look at this: http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm. According
> to them: "Sun Java releases since 1.4 contain a copy of a subset of a
> recent tz database in a Java-specific format".
>
> It is not a bug that the range is greater then from -12 to +12. If you
> look into MS windows date/time settings - the range is from -12 to +13
> there. And don't forget about daylight savings - there are
> summer/winter time zones. Also, I found a table at
> http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/info/timezone.htm
> and there are time zones from -12 to +14.

Thanks a lot, Oleg. :-)

So it's a bug of Harmony. I will raise a jira for this issue. Thanks again.

Best regards,
Richard.

Posted by Oleg Khaschansky <ol...@gmail.com>.