Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Ivan Sadikov <iv...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/18 07:56:52 UTC

Spark history server running on Mongo

Hello everyone!

I have been working on Spark history server that uses MongoDB as a
datastore for processed events to iterate on idea that Spree project uses
for Spark UI. Project was originally designed to improve on standalone
history server with reduced memory footprint.

Project lives here: https://github.com/lightcopy/history-server

These are just very early days of the project, sort of pre-alpha (some
features are missing, and metrics in some failed jobs cases are
questionable). Code is being tested on several 8gb and 2gb logs and aims to
lower resource usage since we run history server together with several
other systems.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback on repository (issues/pull
requests/suggestions/etc.). Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Ivan

Re: Spark history server running on Mongo

Posted by Ivan Sadikov <iv...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you are absolutely right, though UI does not change often, and it
potentially allows to iterate faster, IMHO, which is why started working on
this. For me, it felt like this functionality could easily be outsourced to
a separate project.

And, as you pointed out, I did add some small fixes to UI, but still have
fair amount of them to add. It is all mentioned in repo readme, by the way.

Thanks for clearing things out.
Have a good day!

Ivan

Posted by Ivan Sadikov <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ivan Sadikov <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for the reference, again. I looked at your code - really great work!
I had to replace Spark distribution to use it though - could not figure out
how to build it separately.

Repository that I linked to does not require rebuilding Spark and could be
used with current distribution, which is preferable in my case.

Kind regards,

Ivan

Posted by Ivan Sadikov <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcelo,

Posted by Ivan Sadikov <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan Sadikov <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.

--
Marcelo

Re: Spark history server running on Mongo

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.

--
Marcelo