Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org> on 2018/04/12 16:15:41 UTC

Java Money Library update does not build successfully when building Fineract CN

Hello Everyone,

While building Fineract CN on a fresh machine, I realized that the Java
Money Library is not building successfully and as a result of that services
which depends on Java Money are failing.

It seems the Java Money library here
<https://github.com/JavaMoney/javamoney-lib/> has been updated and the
build process has changed or there is a breaking change. I had to revert to
cloning the old repo I had forked few months ago:
https://github.com/awasum/javamoney-lib

Please try to build the new Java Money code and let me know so I can update
the build script and also the Build guide on Confluence.

Thanks.
Awasum

Re: Java Money Library update does not build successfully when building Fineract CN

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

sorry for the inconvenience. Actually there was an invalid package
published as 1.0.2 (API), 1.2 (RI).
We directly published version 1.0.3 (API) and 1.2.1 (RI), which actually
are compiled on Java 9 with a Java 8 target (expect the module-info.class).
So the these versions are effectively multiversion jars, which actually
should run in Java 8 as well as with full module support in Java9 (dont let
you confuse about the module-info.class, if you check the class versions
the module info is the only Java 9 class in the jar ;-) ).

On API level there should not be any incompatibilities, nevertheless, if
you really encounter some, let us now.
Best would be to add an issue, with as much detail as possible to
http://github.com/JavaMoney/jsr354-ri .

Thanks!
Anatole (Maintenance Spec Lead JSR 354)

Am Do., 12. Apr. 2018 um 18:15 Uhr schrieb Awasum Yannick <awasum@apache.org

--
*Anatole Tresch*
PPMC Member Apache Tamaya

*Speaking at:*

  [image: JSD_Speaker_2017][image: J-Con 2017 logo][image: JVM Con]

Re: Java Money Library update does not build successfully when building Fineract CN

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
Hi FinCNers,

I’ve taken a close look at our dependency to the java money library; it
turns out we are using the following from it:
* Some types (in portfolio and in deposit-account-management)
* an annual interest calculation (in deposit-account-management)
* a piece of code which we wrote in portfolio with the intention of
contributing it back to java money.

The types are for money amounts, interest rates and currencies.  The
currencies weren't actually used, and the interest rates and amounts could
be replaced with BigDecimals.  The annual interest calculation was a full
three lines of ALV2-licensed code. I’ve copied them.

We may eventually want to re-introduce the java money library , if it gets
a little further along, and after we get our code running on Java 9.  But
right now it's an obstacle, so I've removed it.

Code review welcome.  And patches welcome.

Thank you Awasum for finding this and reporting it.

Best Regards,
Myrle

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.
Hello Everyone,