Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Martin Moss <ma...@btopenworld.com> on 2004/10/12 18:06:18 UTC

Mod perl performance and DSO?

All,

I have a brand new redhat 9 box. I have plenty of
diskspace and I need to install apache mode perl mod
php and mod ssl.

Most information I find on the web to do this uses
DSO. Performance is absolutely critical for this
machine, it's going to be handling millions of web
'hits' per day.

My question is, should we use DSO or not?
My second question is, is this a daft question?

Kind regards

Marty

Re: Mod perl performance and DSO?

Posted by Martin Moss <ma...@btopenworld.com>.
eek, sorry, you guessed right at apache 1.x (1.3.31)

Marty

Posted by William McKee <wi...@knowmad.com>.

Posted by Martin Moss <ma...@btopenworld.com>.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#Pros_and_Cons_of_Building_mod_perl_as_DSO