Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org> on 2020/10/28 10:04:58 UTC

[VOTE] First HBase 2.3.3 release candidate (RC1) is available

Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate,
hbase-2.3.3RC1

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 2.3.3

The tag to be voted on is 2.3.3RC1:

  https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.3.3RC1

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.3.3RC1/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1410/

Artifacts were signed with the 1C8ADFD5 key which can be found in:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

To learn more about Apache hbase, please see

  https://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] First HBase 2.3.3 release candidate (RC1) is available

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

I prefer we have a clean upstream build history at the time of release. It
appears there's something broken in building the refguide. This has
the potential to mask other issues. However, inspecting these runs, the
unit test suites are often passing. I filed

I've also not had time to run my usual ITBLL rig against this release.
However, I don't want to obstruct the release based on availability of my
time.

* API compatibility report looks good: ok
* Changelog and Jira line up: ok
* Nightlies up on ci-hadoop appear to be suffering from broken refguide,
otherwise: ok

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_222): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Rat check (11.0.4): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check "-D hadoop.profile=3.0"
        * Built from source (1.8.0_222): ok
         - mvn clean install -DskipTests
        * Built from source (11.0.4): ok
         - mvn clean install -DskipTests "-D hadoop.profile=3.0"
        * Unit tests pass (1.8.0_222): ok
         - mvn package -P runSmallTests
        * Unit tests pass (11.0.4): ok
         - mvn package -P runSmallTests "-D hadoop.profile=3.0"

Thank you for handling another release, Viraj!

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_265): ok

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_272): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Built from source (1.8.0_272): ok

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] First HBase 2.3.3 release candidate (RC1) is available

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1 binding

Sig, hash, built from src tgz with -Prelease, checked the tgz product after
undoing it, checked logs & shell & UI, PE'd write 1M, read 1M.

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
And here is my +1 (binding)

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_171): ok
 - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_171): ok
 - mvn clean install -DskipTests
* Unit tests pass (1.8.0_171): ok
 - mvn package -P runAllTests
* CRUD: ok
* Load 5M rows using LTT: ok

I agree we seem to have some issue with building of refguide.
Howerver, the first latest build that I referred to while spinning this RC
was https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/HBase/job/HBase%20Nightly/job/branch-2.3/90/
which seems cleaner, moreover, #94 and #95 also don't seem to have
refguide issues. Thanks for filing HBASE-25232, Nick!

To get additional confidence in unit tests (in the presence of refguide issue),
I ran -P runAllTests twice locally and results seem good (few
flakes: TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish, TestRefreshRecoveredReplication,
which passed in individual runs).

With 5x binding +1s, this vote passes. Thanks to everyone who
participated in this release!