Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2017/05/18 13:57:47 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Sling Service User Mapper 1.3.2, Apache Sling JCR Base Bundle 3.0.2, Apache Sling Web Console Branding 1.0.2, Apache Sling Engine Implementation 2.6.8

Hi,

On the road to Sling 9, here's a chunk of releases that can happen now.

We solved 4 issues in these releases

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12340324 (1)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12338867 (1)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12340575 (1)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12338544 (1)

Staging repository

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1724

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1724 /tmp/sling-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Service User Mapper 1.3.2, Apache Sling JCR Base Bundle 3.0.2, Apache Sling Web Console Branding 1.0.2, Apache Sling Engine Implementation 2.6.8

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2017-05-18 at 16:57 +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> Please vote to approve this release:

+1

Robert

Re: [DISCUSS] Should we update to the latest supported Jackrabbit Version

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Robert Munteanu wrote
> Hi,
>
> Julian raises a good about us depending on EOL Jackrabbit versions.
> Although I think in practice this isn't a big deal as we mostly depend
> on those versions for compilation and import range calculations,
> perhaps there is a benefit in upgrading to Jackrabbit 2.4.x as a
> baseline.

I see no problem with updating, however I see no real benefit either :)

 Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

[DISCUSS] Should we update to the latest supported Jackrabbit Version

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Julian raises a good about us depending on EOL Jackrabbit versions.
Although I think in practice this isn't a big deal as we mostly depend
on those versions for compilation and import range calculations,
perhaps there is a benefit in upgrading to Jackrabbit 2.4.x as a
baseline.

Thoughts?

Robert

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Julian,

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2017-05-18 15:57, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On the road to Sling 9, here's a chunk of releases that can happen now.
>
> We solved 4 issues in these releases
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12340324 (1)
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12338867 (1)
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12340575 (1)
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12338544 (1)
>
> Staging repository
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-1724

> signatures:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
>
> Usage:
> sh check_staged_release.sh 1724 /tmp/sling-staging
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
>   [ ] +1 Approve the release
>   [ ]  0 Don't care
>   [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...
>
> This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

I'll keep asking... :-) Why does this reference Jackrabbit versions that
have been EOL'd years ago?

Best regards, Julian

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Sling Service User Mapper 1.3.2, Apache Sling JCR Base Bundle 3.0.2, Apache Sling Web Console Branding 1.0.2, Apache Sling Engine Implementation 2.6.8

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The vote has passed with the following reuslt:

+1 (binding): Carsten Ziegeler, Stefan Seifert, Robert Munteanu

I will copy this release to the Sling dist directory and promote the
artifacts to the central Maven repository.

Thanks,

Robert

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
+1