Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com> on 2017/08/15 05:56:44 UTC

Another RC of MetaModel 5 ... The last?

Hi all,

I'll be staging and putting out a VOTE soon for another RC version of
MetaModel 5. With the recent change that added METAMODEL-7 (use of
collections over arrays in public APIs) I think a new RC version is highly
needed to validate the library in downstream products such as Membrane,
MetaModel-extras etc.

But I also start to think that from an API change point of view, the v5
stuff is coming to an end. Is there anything else we need to add before we
call 5.0 final? I would personally like to spend time on the Membrane
project so that we can maybe release MetaModel 5.0 and Membrane 1.0 around
the same time. Are there other issues that people need to be in there, or
other timelines that need to be sync'ed?

Best regards,
Kasper

Re: Another RC of MetaModel 5 ... The last?

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.
Hi Jörg (and others interested),

FYI, I've just released metamodel-extras v 5.0-RC4 also, which uses the
updated MM API.

Best regards,
Kasper

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.