Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/03 18:27:11 UTC

Chrome for debugging

I am trying to follow Adobe instructions how configure Chrome for Flash
debugging but it is still not working for me. I have downloaded the
debugging version ver. 17 for Oepra and Chromium applications). Then
disabled the stock one and enabled the debugging version. Still no luck.
Any idea?

Thanks

Re: Chrome for debugging

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 4/5/2015 11:31 PM, Mark Line wrote:
> I tend to use FF for dev (debug player) and keep chrome with the pepper
> player for normal use

i've had to do that as well. the latest versions of the pepper debugger hang
constantly at breakpoints & after loading a module. its kind of a heart breaker.

Re: Chrome for debugging

Posted by Mark Line <ma...@gmail.com>.
Don't think you can turn it off in chrome. In Firefox you can turn the time
out off.

RE: Chrome for debugging

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Until that date I'll be happy to continue to use the NPAPI plugin in Chrome and I would like they do something about the limited sandbox of the PPAPI but from what I read it is not about to happen, they even questioning the well founded of the the local sandboxing approach preferring IIRC the use of a local web server to serve the files [1] which is not a handy at all solution at developer point of view.

Frédéric THOMAS

[1] https://forums.adobe.com/message/6945735#6945735

Re: Chrome for debugging

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.