Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Yifan Ying <na...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/31 21:36:43 UTC

Partition leader shows as 'none' when topics are created automatically on EC2

Hi all,

We have some integration tests running on EC2. The test will send some
messages to Kafka(using 0.10.0.0) running on the same EC2 instance. The
topic is created automatically when it gets it first message. However, the
test becomes flaky and we are seeing this error:

NetworkClient:600 - Error while fetching metadata with correlation id 1 :
{[topic name]=UNKNOWN_TOPIC_OR_PARTITION}

And then I logged on to the machine, used kafka-topics command to get topic
configs, and found that some topics have leaders as 'none'. And it seems
like it doesn't happen all the time. Is there anything causing this
flakiness?

Topic:ci.user.created   PartitionCount:10       ReplicationFactor:1
Configs:

        Topic: ci.user.created  Partition: 0    Leader: none    Replicas: 1
    Isr:

        Topic: ci.user.created  Partition: 1    Leader: none    Replicas: 1
    Isr:

        Topic: ci.user.created  Partition: 2    Leader: none    Replicas: 1
    Isr:

        Topic: ci.user.created  Partition: 3    Leader: none    Replicas: 1
    Isr:

        Topic: ci.user.created  Partition: 4    Leader: none    Replicas: 1
    Isr:

        Topic: ci.user.created  Partition: 5    Leader: none    Replicas: 1
    Isr:

        Topic: ci.user.created  Partition: 6    Leader: none    Replicas: 1
    Isr:

        Topic: ci.user.created  Partition: 7    Leader: none    Replicas: 1
    Isr:

        Topic: ci.user.created  Partition: 8    Leader: none    Replicas: 1
    Isr:

        Topic: ci.user.created  Partition: 9    Leader: none    Replicas: 1
    Isr:

--
Yifan