Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jpham <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/27 00:32:05 UTC

How to keep the unit testcase

Hi All,
I am very 'baby' to this maven so very sorry for the basic question below.
How to keep the unit testcase?
Thanks,
Kim

Re: How to keep the unit testcase

Posted by Ben Caradoc-Davies <Be...@csiro.au>.
Maybe Kim wanted to know "where"?

Maven expects that Java unit tests are stored in src/test/java . All
test classes called Test*.java or *Test.java in src/test/java will be
run automatically during the maven test phase.

For example, if you have a unit test com.example.ExampleTest you should
define it in:

src/test/java/com/example/ExampleTest.java

Then when you run "mvn clean install" for your module, the unit test
suite com.example.ExampleTest will be run before the artifact is installed.

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 27/01/11 12:40, Wayne Fay wrote:
>> I am very 'baby' to this maven so very sorry for the basic question below.
>> How to keep the unit testcase?
>
> The reason you've received no replies as yet is because your question
> makes no sense. Please describe the problem you are having, what you
> expect/need from Maven, and what you are currently experiencing.
>
> Wayne

Ben Caradoc-Davies <Be...@csiro.au>
Software Engineering Team Leader
Australian Resources Research Centre