Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com> on 2007/10/24 17:14:55 UTC

[T4] inherit-informal-parameters not working?

Can someone share a working example for inherit-informal-parameters?

I am trying to render some informal parameters passed to a container component from a contained component.  However, the informal parameters are never emitted, they are just swallowed.
I set allow-informal-parameters and inherit-informal-parameters to true.

Much appreciation,
Phillip

Snippet from page template:

<a jwcid="attractionLink" >Open in new window</a>

Snippet from page spec:
	<component id="attractionLink" type="dmi:AttractionDocumentLink">
		<binding name="document" value="currentDocument"/>
                <!-- target is a informal parameter -->
		<binding name="target" value="literal:_blank"/>
	</component>

AttractionDocumentLink.jwc:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE component-specification PUBLIC
  "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 4.0//EN"
  "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd">

<component-specification
  class="com.reffects.dmi.admin.components.attraction.lucene.AttractionDocumentLink"
  allow-informal-parameters="true">

  <component id="thelink" type="DirectLink"  inherit-informal-parameters="true">
    <binding name="listener" value="listeners.editAttraction"/>
    <binding name="stateful" value="false"/>
    <binding name="parameters" value="attractionContext"/>
  </component>

 </component-specification>

AttractionDocumentLink.html

	<a jwcid="thelink" >