Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Zach Cox <zc...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/27 07:06:08 UTC

Standalone SMTP settings

I'm trying out Archiva 1.1 in standalone mode, on Ubuntu 8.04 with JRE
1.6.0_06.  Archiva seems to run great except it's not sending any user
registration emails.  This server has a working ssmtp install used by
other apps, that just relays to our main mail server, so I'm not sure
why using "localhost" as the SMTP host doesn't work.

I also created a ~/.m2/security.properties file and set various smtp
properties to use an account on our main mail server, but Archiva
still won't send emails.  I looked through all of the log files, and
there are no email-related warnings or errors.

Is the standalone version just incapable of sending emails?  Is there
some other trick to getting emails to work?

Thanks,
Zach

Re: Standalone SMTP settings

Posted by Zach Cox <zc...@gmail.com>.
Update: I modified jetty.xml to include our SMTP settings:

  <New id="validation_mail" class="org.mortbay.jetty.plus.naming.Resource">
    <Arg>mail/Session</Arg>
    <Arg>
      <New class="org.mortbay.naming.factories.MailSessionReference">
        <Set name="user">archiva@oursite.com</Set>
        <Set name="password">thepassword</Set>
        <Set name="properties">
          <New class="java.util.Properties">
            <Put name="mail.smtp.host">mail.oursite.com</Put>
          </New>
        </Set>
      </New>
    </Arg>
  </New>

I restarted Archiva and clicked the "Resend Validation" button for one of
the unvalidated users, and the email was successfully sent, and the user
successfully validated.

However, Archiva will not send any more emails after that first one, no
matter what I do.  And there still are no exceptions/warnings/errors in any
of the log files.

Am I totally missing something about how to configure Archiva standalone to
send emails?

Thanks,
Zach