Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Samantha Chan <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/15 18:05:04 UTC

Release for Edgent?

Hi -

I am trying to update one of my application from Quarks to Edgent.
I am wondering if there is a stable release I can use from Edgent or if
there is one in plan?  If there is one in plan, when can I expect it to be
available?

Thanks...
Samantha

Re: Release for Edgent?

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
There are a number of outstanding items related to a gradle generated release.tgz - EDGENT-139, EDGENT-239, EDGENT-240

I’m actively working on completing building of a release.tgz for a java8 context - EDGENT-240

Off hand I don’t know if there are other open “must/hi-want” jira issues for the first release.

— Dale

Re: Release for Edgent?

Posted by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Samantha Chan <ch...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I am trying to update one of my application from Quarks to Edgent.
> I am wondering if there is a stable release I can use from Edgent or if
> there is one in plan?  If there is one in plan, when can I expect it to be
> available?
>
> Thanks...
> Samantha

Hi,

I think the code is stable, so you can just create a build to use for your
application.

I think the primary task at this point is to complete build work to remove
third party software packages from our repository and update our license
and notices files.  I'm not sure if there is other build work that must be
created before we should discuss a release.  Does anyone know of other
tasks that need to happen?  Is anyone looking at the third party code and
are we ready to do that?  I'll try to look into it some more.

Kathy