Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gu...@worldonline.fr> on 2006/03/15 11:10:07 UTC

Creating a new binding

When tuscany was dropped in svn, I had written a new binding for ServiceMix.
I'm in the process of updating to latest tuscany svn head but it seems lots
of things have changed.

I'm basing the new code on the axis2 binding, but the problem i 'm facing
is my "binding.jbi" element is not recognized by the SCDL loader.
I guess I need to write an xsd and generate or manually write the new
classes in the org.apache.tuscany.model package, but I have no
found a way to make them recognized by the parser.
How can I accomplish that ?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Creating a new binding

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.  I bet the line
>
> SDOUtil.registerStaticTypes(ScdlFactory.class);
>
> will save me :)
>
> The code is available at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/servicemix-sca/
> but as Jim just said, it is based on code that is more than 2 months old
> and it seems I need to
> rewrite it completely.

Would it be easier to move this over to Tuscany? If this is a JBI
binding that allowed Tuscany to run in any JBI container then it would
have general applicability and by bringing it over we can help maintain
it as things change (given Tuscany's fairly volatile).

Would it be possible to handle this like our Tomcat integration where in
one case we have a generic J2EE mode which works with any web container
and in another we have a deep integration to Tomcat internals which
provides simpler configuration for users?

--
Jeremy

PS if you're not aware, we're currently discussing whether to stick with
this SDO based config loader or switch to a different one - it might be
worth hanging on a couple days or jumping in that discussion

Re: Creating a new binding

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gu...@worldonline.fr>.
Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.  I bet the line

SDOUtil.registerStaticTypes(ScdlFactory.class);

will save me :)

The code is available at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/servicemix-sca/
but as Jim just said, it is based on code that is more than 2 months old and it seems I need to
rewrite it completely.

Thanks,

Guillaume Nodet

Re: Creating a new binding

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myroma.net>.
I believe they based the integration on what was there prior to the
introduction of the new core architecture, including aggregates and
builders. If I recall correctly, TuscanyModuleComponentContextImpl
was used, which no longer exists.  The best place to start may be to
look at some of the bindings and implementation types. There is an
Axis2 binding and JSON binding as well as the Java and JavaScript
types.  A couple of caveats, though:

- Changing the loaders to a StAX-based solution is under discussion
- Some of the bindings use a deprecated API, getAggregate(), that is
going to be removed
- There will likely be some more churn in the core, although
hopefully not to the extent that has been taking place

I need to do documentation on how parts of the extension model
works...in the meantime, I'm happy to help as well answering any
questions.

Jim

Re: Creating a new binding

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.