Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2018/12/21 21:05:33 UTC

[DISCUSS} Milestone for Issues

Hi all,

I’m thinking, instead of putting version numbers in the Subject lines for Issues, we could start using the Milestone for Issues to indicate the version that the report / crash is from? It’s a little weird, but it’s the only field available with that information, and I think that really would help understanding how many issues/reports we have  for a particular version (and how to reproduce / test it against the same version).

So, for Issues, the Milestone indicates the affected / tested version, and for PRs the Milestone indicates the target version where the PR will be released into.

Thoughts?

— leif

Re: [DISCUSS} Milestone for Issues

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

> On Dec 21, 2018, at 2:05 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I’m thinking, instead of putting version numbers in the Subject lines for Issues, we could start using the Milestone for Issues to indicate the version that the report / crash is from? It’s a little weird, but it’s the only field available with that information, and I think that really would help understanding how many issues/reports we have  for a particular version (and how to reproduce / test it against the same version).

Ah crap, this might not work as we want, because once a Milestone is “released”, we close them :-/.

Never mind.

— leif

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.