Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hüseyin Kartal <h....@hsyn.de> on 2009/10/09 18:21:19 UTC

maven-eclipse-plugin issue

Hi

i have a problem with the maven-eclipse-plugin.
my projects pom.xml look like this

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<groupId>de.hsyn.crtl</groupId>
<artifactId>crtl</artifactId>
<packaging>jar</packaging>
<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<name>crtl</name>
<url>http://hsyn.de</url>
<dependencies>

... other dependencies
<dependency>
<groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
<artifactId>com.springsource.org.aspectj.runtime</artifactId>
<version>1.6.6.RELEASE</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
<artifactId>com.springsource.org.aspectj.tools</artifactId>
<version>1.6.6.RELEASE</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
<artifactId>com.springsource.org.aspectj.weaver</artifactId>
<version>1.6.6.RELEASE</version>
</dependency>

</dependencies>
<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<configuration>
<source>1.6</source>
<target>1.6</target>
<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</configuration>
</plugin>
<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
<configuration>
<downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
<downloadJavadocs>true</downloadJavadocs>
<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</configuration>
</plugin>
<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
<configuration>
<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>
<repositories>
<repository>
<id>com.springsource.repository.bundles.release</id>
<name>SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository - SpringSource Bundle
Releases</name>
<url>http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/release</url>
</repository>
<repository>
<id>com.springsource.repository.bundles.external</id>
<name>SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository - External Bundle
Releases</name>
<url>http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/external</url>
</repository>
</repositories>
</project>

on the command line maven resolves all dependencies and compile successfull,
but if i generate eclipse project files with the maven-eclipse-plugin. the
three dependencies to the "org.aspectj" won´t referenced in the eclipse
project. all other dependencies are correct.

it drives me crazy. tried everything like clean eclipse:clean refresh the
project etc.

please help.

i thougth that eventualy there is a hidden feature in maven for aspects.

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin issue

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
Did you check the plugin documentation?

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/examples/ajdt-projects.html

AspectJ needs more than just the dependencies for the eclipse .project to work.

You need
        <configuration>
          <ajdtVersion>1.5</ajdtVersion>
        </configuration>
See the above link as you may also need to configure
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>aspectj-maven-plugin</artifactId>

Caveat: I've never used AspectJ so I am just linking from the docs.