Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2015/03/26 18:16:47 UTC

[GROOVY] mailing lists are ready, see you there!

use <listname>-subscribe@groovy.a.o, and let's continue the groovy
podling discussions on that dev list.

-Bertrand

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Haven't seen any yet.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I'll approve 'em.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 7:25 AM, Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> wrote:
> ...as long as we warn people and tell them how
> to unsubscribe, I think auto subscribing them would be OK?...

I don't like it too much, maybe at least an advance warning on the
existing Groovy lists that you are about to subscribe them here, with
an opt-out option, would be better?

It's not legal problem, but a community and politeness issue IMO.

-Bertrand

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

On 2015-03-27 20:12, Guillaume Laforge wrote:
> As a first step, I'll start with warning our users about that upcoming
> change.
>
> Also, I have a question.
> So, the address during incubation is: dev@groovy.incubator.apache.org
> But when we successfully get out of incubation, there will be an automatic
> transfer to: dev@groovy.apache.org
> Correct? No need to re-ask everybody to change mailing-lists again?

Correct. In fact, dev@groovy.apache.org is already used internally by
our system, so the transition should be painless.

With regards,
Daniel.

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
“do that” == “subscribe them"

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Why do folks think that current list users can’t click on a mailto and hit
send?  That’s all it takes to subscribe.  It will weed out some dead email
addresses and give folks the option to use different email addresses.

Our project had over 800 folks join the dev@ list without auto-subscribing
folks.

-Alex

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
Only users from the previous list will be added and there was an assumption that all code/patches sent to that list would be Apache licensed by default. So, not quite the same thing but as long as we warn people and tell them how to unsubscribe, I think auto subscribing them would be OK?

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 08:42AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:25 AM, Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:
> > ...Are you saying that the act of subscribtion to the dev@ list is implicitely
> > similar to ICLA filing?...
>
> That's definitely not the case, that would be terrible.

Thank you! That's exactly why I stated the question this way, so we can clear
any misconceptions out.

Cos

Posted by Filip Hanik <fi...@hanik.com>.
On Thursday, March 26, 2015, Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:21PM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> > Signing up to Apache list means the user is making an explicit act
> > of joining a place where code (or pointers to code) sent is granted
> > to Apache.
> >
> > Implicit subscription muddies the waters for contributions.
>
> Are you saying that the act of subscribtion to the dev@ list is
> implicitely
> similar to ICLA filing?

IINAL, I would not state that is the case.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.

Re: [GROOVY] mailing lists are ready, see you there!

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.
I got them too.

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
I don't.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jochen Theodorou <bl...@gmx.org>.
Am 26.03.2015 18:16, schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:

> use <listname>-subscribe@groovy.a.o, and let's continue the groovy
> podling discussions on that dev list.

not <listname>-subscribe@groovy.incubator.a.o ?

bye blackdrag

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
FYI - In case you didn't see this on the general@ list (which I recommend
you subscribe to), Groovy is now officially an Apache Incubator project and
the mailing lists are up.