Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Lukas Zapletal <lu...@zapletalovi.com> on 2009/10/06 14:00:11 UTC

Re: PersistenceManager question

>> Whats the best combination ATM to store the repository in file system?
>
> If you want to use Jackrabbit, I suggest to use a database persistence
> manager with an embedded database such as the H2 Database Engine:
> http://www.h2database.com and the file data store:
> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore

Is it possible to connect to the H2 database read-only later on to gain
the best performance for the read only content repository then?

LZ

--
Lukas Zapletal
Please do not respond directly but

Re: PersistenceManager question

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

> Is it possible to connect to the H2 database read-only later on to gain the
> best performance for the read only content repository then?

This is a H2 specific question, I suggest to use the H2 Google Group.
H2 does support read-only databases in multiple ways:
- Set the file permission to read-only.
- Create a new database user and give him only read-only access.

> to gain the best performance for the read only content

Read-only access is not much faster than read-write access.

Regards,
Thomas