Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Alexander Fedulov <al...@ververica.com> on 2022/05/25 09:55:51 UTC

[DISCUSS] Publish flink-end-to-end-tests-common to Maven

Hi everyone,

As part of the efforts to externalize the connectors, it became evident
that some test utilities that reside in Flink will be required in the
external connector repositories. For instance, FlinkContainerTestEnvironment
and its dependencies reside in the flink-end-to-end-tests-common module that
is currently not published to Maven (there is only an older version from
Cloudera available) [1].

I would like to propose to also publish this dependency to Maven. What do
you think?

[1] https://mvnrepository.com/search?q=flink-end-to-end-tests-common

Best,
Alexander Fedulov

Re: [DISCUSS] Publish flink-end-to-end-tests-common to Maven

Posted by Alexander Fedulov <al...@ververica.com>.
I decided that the classes listed above are generic enough to be placed
into *flink-test-utils*.

Here is the PR for the discussed changes that needs a review:
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/20188

Best,
Alex

Posted by Alexander Fedulov <al...@ververica.com>.
Hi Chesnay,

Posted by Jing Ge <ji...@ververica.com>.

Posted by Alexander Fedulov <al...@ververica.com>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexander Fedulov <al...@ververica.com>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexander Preuß <al...@ververica.com>.
Hi Alex,

Thank you for driving this effort!
I think it's a good idea to publish flink-end-to-end-tests-common to maven,
to help with the development of the external components.

Best,

--

Alexander Preuß | Engineer - Data Intensive Systems

alexanderpreuss@ververica.com

<https://www.ververica.com/>

Follow us @VervericaData

Conference

Ververica GmbH

Managing Directors: Alexander Walden, Karl Anton Wehner, Yip Park Tung
Jason, Jinwei (Kevin) Zhang