Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Mark Fuqua <ma...@availdata.com> on 2013/12/11 02:05:44 UTC

popup from actionscript class

Sorry for the noob question, I really have spent quite a bit of time trying
to figure this out.so even the right LMGTFY.com link would be helpful J.

I have several Actionscript Classes in a package separate from my views
package.I have event listeners waiting for fault events from remoteObject
calls.  When the remoteObject fails, I want to have a popup alert the user
with the error message.  How do I get this to work?  These remoteObject
calls will be made (usually) in response to a timer event, not from a
view.so I can't figure out where to put the popup or how to call it.

If I create a popup Skinnable container, where do I place it?

Here is a screenshot showing my folder structure and the event listener [1].

Here is another screenshop showing an actionscript class used for working
with SQLite database.lots of these 'try/catch' blocks.I would like to send
the error messages to the popup as well.is it the same process? [2].

[1]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdq9cxqmlrq0jcs/Screenshot%202013-12-10%2019.55.42
.png

[2]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nkswgnlalt5ngb/Screenshot%202013-12-10%2019.56.38
.png

Thanks for your help.

Mark Fuqua

mark@availdata.com

2301 Mount Carmel Road

Parkton,  MD  21120

(410) 215-7356

www.availdata.com

AW: popup from actionscript class

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.
Probably I don't understood the problem... what's wrong with simply calling 'Alert.show("Service call error")' inside your fault handlers?

[...]

________________________________

Edscha Holding GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Remscheid
Registergericht: Wuppertal, HRB 22889
Geschäftsführung: Francisco J. Riberas Mera, Juan Maria Riberas Mera, Francisco López Peña, David Vázquez Pascual, Torsten Greiner, Mario Eikelmann, Hans-Peter Schulz und Volker Weiss

Vertretungsberechtigt sind nur Geschäftsführer und schriftlich Bevollmächtigte.

Solely Managing Directors or employees with a written proxy have got power of representation.

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien ist vertraulich und nur für den Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Empfänger sein, ist Ihnen jegliche Offenlegung, Vervielfältigung, Weitergabe oder Nutzung des Inhalts untersagt. Bitte informieren Sie in diesem Fall unverzüglich den Absender und löschen Sie die E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien von Ihrem System. Vielen Dank.

The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail including any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Re: popup from actionscript class

Posted by Jesse Ward-Karet <jw...@tanium.com>.
When I need to create a popup from a non-UI class, I usually call PopUpManager.createPopup() and I use FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication as the parent parameter. Pass your Skinnable container as the ClassName. Like this:

var pop:SkinnableContainer = PopUpManager.createPopUp( FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication as DisplayObject, SkinnableContainer, true) as SkinnableContainer;
PopUpManager.centerPopUp(pop);

Jesse

Posted by Mark Fuqua <ma...@availdata.com>.