Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/25 10:22:02 UTC

[ANN] Apache Felix Configuration Admin Service version 1.2.0 Released

The Felix team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Felix
Configuration Admin Service version 1.2.0

The Apache Felix Configuration Admin Service is an implementation of the
upcoming OSGi Configuration Admin Service Specification 1.3

http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-configuration-admin-service.html

This release is available from
http://felix.apache.org/site/downloads.cgi and Maven:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
    <artifactId>org.apache.felix.configadmin</artifactId>
    <version>1.2.0</version>
  </dependency>

Release Notes:

** Bug
    * [FELIX-979]  - Config Admin throwing NPE
    * [FELIX-1146] - ConfigAdmin can deliver updates to a managed
                     service factory more than once
    * [FELIX-1165] - When restarting a bundle, the config admin reports
                     "Configuration ... has already been delivered",
                     and the bundle receives no configuration.
    * [FELIX-1477] - ConfigAdmin implementation is not thread-safe
    * [FELIX-1479] - Security errors accessing configurations in the
                     file system
    * [FELIX-1484] - Dynamically bound configuration must be reset to
                     null after target bundle is uninstalled.
    * [FELIX-1486] - Multiple PIDs must be supported
    * [FELIX-1488] - Configuration binding is broken
    * [FELIX-1489] - New Configurations must still be delivered to
                     ManagedService
    * [FELIX-1508] - Configuration.update() must not send CM_UPDATED
                     event

** Improvement
    * [FELIX-1219] - ConfigAdmin package version has been bumped
    * [FELIX-1507] - Prevent update failure in case of multiple
                     updates/deletes

** New Feature
    * [FELIX-1231] - Support multi-value service.pid service properties
    * [FELIX-1234] - Configuration Plugins should be called for all
                     configuration instances of factory targets

Enjoy!

-The Felix team

Re: [ANN] Apache Felix Configuration Admin Service version 1.2.0 Released

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The ConfigAdmin has no relationship to the javax.transaction.xa package.
Do you use some JEE technologies such as JMS / XA transaction manager ?
The problem with this package is that the JVM has a trimmed down version of
this package, but any JEE technology will need the full package and this
require a bit of tweaking in the configuration for the packages exported by
the system bundle.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [ANN] Apache Felix Configuration Admin Service version 1.2.0 Released

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Mark Derricutt schrieb:
> Should this be a drop in replacement/update to people running ConfigAdmin
> 1.0.8 at all?  I'm not entirely sure what the implication of "upcoming 1.3
> spec" entails.  Is there a minimum Felix/OSGi setup needed?

Yes, this is intended to be a drop-in replacement and no there is no
minimum Felix/OSGi setup required.

> When the only change to my sling based app was going from 1.0.8 to 1.2.0 the
> system dies horribly on startup with:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.transaction.xa.XAResource
>  at
> org.apache.felix.framework.searchpolicy.R4SearchPolicyCore.findClass(R4SearchPolicyCore.java:198)
> at
> org.apache.felix.framework.searchpolicy.R4SearchPolicy.findClass(R4SearchPolicy.java:45)
>  at
> org.apache.felix.framework.searchpolicy.ContentClassLoader.loadClass(ContentClassLoader.java:109)

Unfortunately, this is not enough of a stacktrace to be able to help out
here. If you could provided the complete stacktrace here (or better yet
in a Felix/configadmin issue), we could try to track down the issue.

Thanks and regards
Felix

Re: [ANN] Apache Felix Configuration Admin Service version 1.2.0 Released

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.