Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/28 01:45:44 UTC

Call to Arms - Gora 0.5 Upgrade in Apache Nutch

Hi Folks,

I recently logged NUTCH-1843 [0] which I've been working on some of today.
We are in need of some volunteer guinea pigs who would like to get
 * MongoDB up and running with Nutch 2.3-SNAPSHOT
 * Solr up and running with Nutch 2.3-SNAPSHOT
The compatible versions of both Solr and MongoDB can be found on the Gora
homepage most recent announcement for the 0.5 release.
Please also read my comments on the below issue for already know
shortcomings of this patch.
Thank you to ANYONE who is able to undertake rudimentary testing of the new
backend and configuration support in Nutch 2.X.
Nutch 2.X is one of a growing number of applications which uses Gora.
We also have open tickets for upgrading to Gora 0.5 in Apache Giraph and I
am working on implementing Gora 0.6-SNAPSHOT into the Apache OODT Filemgr
Catalog and Archiving System.
Thanks
Lewis

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-1843
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-946

--
*Lewis*

Re: Call to Arms - Gora 0.5 Upgrade in Apache Nutch

Posted by Nima Falaki <nf...@popsugar.com>.
I could definitely help in getting mongo up and running with nutch 2.x
along with solr. I could start tomorrow.