Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Navina Ramesh <rn...@acis.ufl.edu> on 2013/04/22 22:11:47 UTC

Converting Devcloud KVM Image to raw image format

Hi,

We are trying to deploy the KVM image for devcloud on one of our cloud systems. It does not accept qcow2 disk formats. Hence, I tried converting to a raw image format using "qemu-img convert -O raw devcloud.qcow2 devcloud.raw". However, the raw image does not boot and fails at finding the dom0 disk image by UUID (Please see the attached image).

What is the correct way for this kind of image conversion?

Thanks!
Navina

Re: Converting Devcloud KVM Image to raw image format

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Navina,

What happened with the qcow2 format ? it should work with KVM.
Do you have a special KVM setup ?

-sebastien