Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Eduardo Yánez <ey...@eversystems.com> on 2001/07/10 01:52:08 UTC

The TCPTunnel

Hi,

I do not undertand this SOAP GUI tool (TCPTunnelGUI), its command line is:

java org.apache.soap.util.net.TcpTunnelGui listenport tunnelhost tunnelport

I do not understand the explanation of the "listenport" parameter in the
SOAP documentation.

How do use this tool?

Please help!! i need a debuging tool asap.

Thanks in advance.
E.Y.

Re: The TCPTunnel

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.
sounds like you're not requesting 8082.   another option is to change tomcat
to listing to 8082 (or some arbitary port)... and then configure the listener
to forward from 8080 to 8082.. that way you wont need to change your client
programs.  to do this stop tomcat, edit server.xml changing 8080 to 8082,
restart tomcat, start the tcp listener ("java
org.apache.soap.util.net.TcpTunnelGui 8080 localhost 8082"), and then try
your app again.

but in short, you cant be requesting localhost 8082 if your not seeing it in
the gui (with the first config I suggested)... try doing a telnet localhost
8082 with the gui up and you should see your input echoed back at you in the
gui...

cheers
dim

Re: The TCPTunnel

Posted by Ranjith Chinni <ra...@amsoft.net>.
your rpc call should go via the tcp tunnel
so insted of giving url of rpcrouter give the url of tcp tunnel

Re: The TCPTunnel

Posted by Ranjith Chinni <ra...@amsoft.net>.

Re: The TCPTunnel

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.