Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Atul Kapoor <at...@infosys.com> on 2009/10/28 14:34:22 UTC

JackRabbit JCR RMI registry for Websphere 6.1

We are having central JackRabbit repository which will acessed by various
applications. Presently we are using Jboss 4.2.2 as application server. The
central repository server deploys the jackrabbit JCA adapter. Also the
jackrabbit-jcr-rmi.jar is deployed for remotely acessing the repository.All
other application server(presently Jboss 4.2.2) connect to this server using
RMI.

We want to migrate our application from the Jboss 4.2.2 to Websphere 6.1.
Can somebody can provide pointers on the following queries.

->Do JackRabbit provide rmi registry deployable for the Websphere 6.1?
->What are the other means by which the central repository can be accesed
remotely?
-> Also do JackRabbit Rmi client capable of passing transaction context
between servers?
-> Do filesystem repository capable of handling JTA transaction or database
repository is required?

**JCR session should be binded with the JTA transaction.
**There should be single central repository

Thanx in Advance