Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Prathap Reddy Kogara <ko...@yahoo.com> on 2000/10/05 17:49:37 UTC

Tomcat startup problem in NT4.0 - IIS - sp5

Hello,

I installed tomcat3.1 on NT4.0 - IIS - SP5.
Has anyone run tomcat successfully,Please help me,
because  when I point my browser to
http://localhost:8080/
it shows-  Cannot find server or DNS Error and it
shows on browser titlebar like this
res://c:\WINNT\System32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.html#http://localhost:8080

when I point my browser to http://localhost
it shows-  HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

 Please have look into my tomcat configuration:

I followed every thing in IIS-HOW TO and netspred.com
and installed tomcat successfully and I got greenup
arrow in IIS filter, and also following commands are
working correctly:
jk_nt_service -i Tomcat wrapper.properties
jk_nt_service -r Tomcat
net start Tomcat
net stop Tomcat

but when I try with startup command in dosprompt,
C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat\bin>startup
C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat\bin>startup
 I'm getting error for both of this like below

Der Befehl ist entweder falsch geschriben oder konnte
nicht gefunden werden.
Bitte �berpr�fen Sie die Schreibweise und die
Umgebungsvariable 'PATH'.

(in english: either command is false or cannot
find.Please check   surroundingvariable 'PATH')

Java Home : C:\jdk1.3
Tomcat Home: C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat
downloaded and unpacked the jakarta-tomcat.zip into a
directory C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat
now jakarta-tomcat is in this directory
C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat

Redirector Location: C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat
                      \bin\iis\i386\isapi_redirect.dll

Location of Binary & Wrapper File:
C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat\bin\jk_nt_service.exe
C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat\bin\wrapper.properties

and changed the wrapper.properties file for the
following two parameters, wrapper.tomcat_home -
C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat  and wrapper.java_home
-C:\jdk1.3 .

Location of workers & uriworkermap File:

C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat\conf\workers.properties
C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat\conf\uriworkermap.properties

My registry settings are :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ->   SOFTWARE -> Apache Software
Foundatation ->	Jakarta Isapi Redirector -> 1.0 ->
 extension_uri = "/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll"
 log_file  = "C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat\isapi.log"
 log_level = "error"
 worker_file = "C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat\conf\
                workers.properties"

 worker_mount_file = "C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat\
                      conf\uriworkermap.properties"

I have added new context- /community/guide=ajp12
to the file uriworkermap.properties.

I have modified server.xml file.

I have put war file in webapps directory like below
C:\INetPub\WWWRoot\ibt\tomcat\webapps\ibt.war

Please have a look here I'm attaching my  server.xml
file.

Anything I have left, please tell me.
If anyone can help with this that would be much
appreciated,

Thanks in advance .

Kind regards,
PRATHAP REDDY.
kogaraprathapreddy@yahoo.com

http://photos.yahoo.com/

Re: Tomcat startup problem in NT4.0 - IIS - sp5

Posted by Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com>.
Prathap Reddy Kogara wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed tomcat3.1 on NT4.0 - IIS - SP5.
> Has anyone run tomcat successfully,Please help me,
> because  when I point my browser to
> http://localhost:8080/
> it shows-  Cannot find server or DNS Error and it
> shows on browser titlebar like this
> res://c:\WINNT\System32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.html#http://localhost:8080

Try
127.0.0.1 instead of localhost