Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Roman Leventov <le...@apache.org> on 2019/02/22 14:03:41 UTC

The compatibility rules for alert data

What are the compatibility rules for alert data, as in
log.makeAlert(...).addData("myData", myData).emit(). Shall the key strings
and the data format be changed only in major Druid releases?

Re: The compatibility rules for alert data

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.
My feeling is that the alerts are more like log messages or exceptions
(where, in general, there isn't a particular contract around what
exceptions get thrown when, except in specific cases like query errors:
http://druid.io/docs/latest/querying/querying#query-errors). So reasonable
changes could be made at any time w/o a major version bump. I don't think
this has ever been discussed overtly though, so welcome any thoughts anyone
else has.