Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Emanuele Rocca <em...@wikimedia.org> on 2018/11/16 10:36:41 UTC

Wiping Filters, logging.yaml docs update

Hi,

the current logging.yaml documentation [1] is fairly outdated, and
mostly still describes the old Lua file format. While working on fixing
that [2] I've noticed that wipe filters do not seem to work with ATS
8.0.0, at least they don't work as currently advertised on the docs:

filters:
- name: passwdfilter
  wipe: passwd

This fails with the error "wipe is not a valid attribute".

Is anyone using Wiping Filters at all with ATS 8? How about ATS 7? If
so, how does your config look like? If not, should the feature be
removed altogether?

Cheers,
  ema

[1] https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/8.0.x/admin-guide/files/logging.yaml.en.html
[2] https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/4601/

Re: Wiping Filters, logging.yaml docs update

Posted by Emanuele Rocca <em...@wikimedia.org>.
On 16/11 11:54, NEISIUS Jean-Christophe (OP) wrote:
> It looks similar to a yml syntax issue ?
> Could you double check the indentation of the wipe parameter

Nope, the error in case of bad indentation is something like:

"yaml-cpp: error at line 46, column 6: end of sequence not found"

With the wipe parameter properly indented the error is:

"filter: unsupported key 'wipe'"

Re: Wiping Filters, logging.yaml docs update

Posted by "NEISIUS Jean-Christophe (OP)" <Je...@publications.europa.eu>.
It looks similar to a yml syntax issue ?
Could you double check the indentation of the wipe parameter

filters:
- name: passwdfilter
   wipe: passwd

/JC