Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by neelam <ne...@emc.com> on 2017/07/21 10:44:34 UTC

After upgrading activemq to 5.14.5 to 5.6.0 SSL communication to external server is broken

Hi,

I have upgraded activemq recently to 5.14.5 from 5.6.0 version. After the
upgrade I see the SSL communication with external server is not working.
After enabling the ssl logs I see the below error:

 java.net.SocketException: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Error
constructing implementation (algorithm: Default, provider: SunJSSE, class:
sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$DefaultSSLContext)

In catalina logs I also see that it's not able to load all the certificates
present in cacerts and just stops.

Just for background, I was using activemq-all artifact earlier and for
upgrading to 5.14.5 I have to use activemq-kahadb-store artifact which is
dependent on broker and client. Thus after the upgrade instead of one
activemq jar activemq-all-5.6.0.jar I have below 5 jars in my installation :

activemq-broker-5.14.5.jar           activemq-kahadb-store-5.14.5.jar
activemq-protobuf-1.1.jar
activemq-client-5.14.5.jar           activemq-openwire-legacy-5.14.5.jar

Do I need any other dependency for SSL communication to work?

I have tried replacing all 5.14.5 activemq jars with activemq-all-5.6.0.jar
and SSL communication works fine which gives me the impression that there is
some other dependency for SSL , which I am missing.

Regards
Neelam

Re: After upgrading activemq to 5.14.5 from 5.6.0 SSL communication to external server is broken

Posted by neelam <ne...@emc.com>.
I am able to resolve this issue after upgrading the bouncycastle

Regards
Neelam

Re: After upgrading activemq to 5.14.5 to 5.6.0 SSL communication to external server is broken

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Can you please post the full stack trace, including all nested exceptions?
That exception often wraps other, more specific, exceptions that tell you
what the real problem is (FileNotFoundException, etc.).

Tim

Posted by neelam <ne...@emc.com>.