Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Lars Geldner <ge...@gmx.net> on 2008/07/22 11:30:02 UTC

activate Lucene in Lenya 2

Dear all,

I implemented a new publication in my Lenya 2 system. I configured mypub/config/search to work with my publication. Looking at mypub\work\lucene\index\live\index it seems that the Lucene indexer is working fine.
The default search form in my publication points to the page search.html that not exists. Therefore, the missing step is to match the pattern "search.html" in my sitemap. Right?
My question is: Is there a documentation available of how to start searching with Lucene using Lenya 2 and how add the search results to my publication? In the wiki there's only the term "To be documented" and the documentation of solprovider points to Lenya version 1.2.x.
Can somebody give me some hints of how
- to configure the pattern "search.html" in my sitemap
- to access the index at mypub\work\lucene\index\live\index
- to show the search results (it seems that the corresponding XSLT is available in the Lucene module)

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Lars Geldner

--
Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03

Re: activate Lucene in Lenya 2

Posted by Palol Carlos <ca...@gmail.com>.
On 22.07.2008, at 11:30, Lars Geldner wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I implemented a new publication in my Lenya 2 system. I configured
> mypub/config/search to work with my publication. Looking at mypub
> \work\lucene\index\live\index it seems that the Lucene indexer is
> working fine.
> The default search form in my publication points to the page
> search.html that not exists. Therefore, the missing step is to match
> the pattern "search.html" in my sitemap. Right?
> My question is: Is there a documentation available of how to start
> searching with Lucene using Lenya 2 and how add the search results
> to my publication? In the wiki there's only the term "To be
> documented" and the documentation of solprovider points to Lenya
> version 1.2.x.
> Can somebody give me some hints of how
> - to configure the pattern "search.html" in my sitemap
> - to access the index at mypub\work\lucene\index\live\index
> - to show the search results (it seems that the corresponding XSLT
> is available in the Lucene module)
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lars Geldner

Hi Mr. Geldner,

try creating this search.html page (you can use another name) of the
type "Seach" from the menu in the authoring mode (File > New Search
Page).

If you want a search field in your navigation, then you have to take
care that the form in modules/sitetree/xslt/navigation/search.xsl
points to this new document. You can customize this file creating
mypub/lenya/modules/sitetree/xslt/navigation/search.xsl.

The results are styled with (mypub/)lenya/modules/lucene/xslt/
search2html.xsl.

I don't know much about the index, I'm just using the default
configuration.

Best regards,

--
Carlos Palol