Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/01/02 17:11:37 UTC

[Tapestry Wiki] Trivial Update of "PropertySelectionFromPropertiesFile" by BobHarner

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Tapestry Wiki" for change notification.

The "PropertySelectionFromPropertiesFile" page has been changed by BobHarner.
The comment on this change is: outdated note.
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/PropertySelectionFromPropertiesFile?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

+ || NOTE: This is outdated information that applies only to Tapestry 4. ||
+
  Imagine you wanted to create a Refill page where a user can refill his prepaid
  account. On some page the user shall be able to select the amount to book to
  his account.

- We'll use Tapestry's PropertySelection component to display a dropdown field
+ We'll use Tapestry's Property``Selection component to display a drop-down field
  to the user where he can select the desired amount. Because we
  don't want to change our source code every time the guys over at marketing
  decide that there should be new values to choose from, we'll source out the
- possible values of our dropdown field to a .properties file.
+ possible values of our drop-down field to a .properties file.

  This results in the following files:

@@ -27, +29 @@

    public abstract double getAmount();

    /* the StringConvertedPropertySelectionModel allows us to supply an array
-    * of strings. Each string represents one entry in our dropdown field. If
+    * of strings. Each string represents one entry in our drop-down field. If
     * the string contains an equal sign (=), the content before the equal sign
     * will be taken for the label and the content after it will be taken for
     * the value of this element */