Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Jones <lo...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/02 19:03:38 UTC

[users@httpd] apache server 2.0.43

please forgive me but I am new to this ,,,I have downloaded the selfinstalling  server and I need to know do I need to get anything else to get the http server to work I would like to host WebPages to the internet
I have read the docs and I am lost a little bit about addind  users to this server  I have the server running but all I  keep getting is a  Apache server test page
the server address is  http://jonespc.no-ip.biz or http://66.169.76.105  im not sure if it will work because I have the server behind a linksys router but I did config the ports for port 80 to goto the cpu with the server

so please forgive me for being a newbie I am sorry in I cause any inconveniences

thankyou david jones

Re: [users@httpd] apache server 2.0.43

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.
where you have the ip number / domain name in the conf you should also
have a listen: 80 change the 80 to 8080

Jaqui

Posted by David Jones <lo...@hotmail.com>.
ok will do and i will post back asap  and let you all know how it goes

Posted by IOD <io...@bsdshell.dyndns.org>.

Posted by David Jones <lo...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by IOD <io...@bsdshell.dyndns.org>.
I can't get to the site.