Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/29 18:25:50 UTC

MigLayout

Hi,

I wonder if MigLayout was ever considered for layout.
See http://www.miglayout.com/ , https://github.com/mikaelgrev/miglayout

It looks simpler to maintain than the default Swing's layouts.

Vladimir

Re: MigLayout

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
>1/ Are we sure it will be maintained in the future ?

It seems to be pretty stable.

JMeter UI is not that consistent.
I don't suggest we re-write all the UI into Mig, however, it might help for
certain panels.
At the end of the day, Mig implements Swing Layout, so it should be
composable with the existing code.

For instance:

1) Field placement and height is not consistent.
Note: the border around "comments text field" was not there until today.
All three text fields have a different height.

[image: field_height.png]

Here is "proxy server" configuration.
The spacing around fields is odd. "Port number" label is glued to the field
on its left.
Of course, everybody gets the intention, however, Mig would solve the
layout with maintainable code.

[image: spacing_and_font_size.png]

Here is "IF controller". Does it look great? I don't think so. I think Mig
could help to improve the layout of the page.

[image: alignment.png]

Vladimir

Re: MigLayout

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vladimir,
1/ Are we sure it will be maintained in the future ?
In current JMeter we have some libraries that seem to be dying:
- json-path : No activity and the maintainer does no seem to pass the relay
- darcula: I hope it's not, the maintainer wrote that he might contribute
back work from IntelliJ core , but only if he finds time
- accessor-smart : which could be dropped

2/ Also do you think the migration is worth the effort ?

3/ What are the main benefits in your experience ?

Thanks
Regards

--
Cordialement.