Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Edward Leisman <le...@netscape.com> on 2001/01/25 15:36:29 UTC

Error running samples

Folks,

    When I try to run the samples or even the command line depployer I
get errors.
    The error below is when I try to run the
samples.addressbook.GetAllListings.

    Please HELP.

D:\iPlanet\iAS6\ias\APPS\soap\samples\addressbook>java
samples.addressbook.GetAl
lListings http://localhost/NASApp/soap/rpcrouter
The URL is http://localhost/NASApp/soap/rpcrouter getAllListings
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the
root ele
ment must be well-formed.
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1056
)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:626)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.disp
atch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:805)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentS
canner.java:381)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:948)
        at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.XercesParserLiaison.read(XercesParserLiaison
.java:85)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:157)
        at
samples.addressbook.GetAllListings.main(GetAllListings.java:105)
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Protocol): java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.
java:183)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:772)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletInfo.service(Unknown
 Source)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.execute(Unkno
wn Source)
        at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.kivasoft.thread.ThreadBasic.run(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)