Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <ad...@toolazydogs.com> on 2004/04/03 18:49:45 UTC

Subversion: was Temp Mentor Wanted

Are we ever going to move to subversion?

Regards,
Alan

Open

[OT] Re: Subversion: was Temp Mentor Wanted

Posted by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.
Thanks, Alan.  I have used CVS.  The question was not so much about CVS as
about using CVS in this context.  The question was administrative.  For
some reason, I can code for 18 hours and love it but 10 minutes of
administration drives me batty.  I think many other geeks are the same and
that this sort of a one stop administrative reference source would be
useful and surprisingly helpful to the Open Source Community.  However, I
will check what is needed here out.  Thanks.

Mike

you

RE: Subversion: was Temp Mentor Wanted

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Are the subversion people producing *binaries* for OSX yet? And I mean
> official binaries, not just some guy putting binaries on his website.

It doesn't appear to me that the Subversion folks have any "official" binary
releases.  Or if http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html has
official releases, then Mac OSX is as official as any.

Personally, I built my client from source, which seems to be the preferred
means.  It was trivial:

   tar zxvf subversion-1.0.1.tar.gz
   cd subversion-1.0.1
   ./configure --with-ssl --enable-all-static
   make

and it was done.

	--- Noel

Re: Subversion: was Temp Mentor Wanted

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@coredevelopers.net>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Did you get bitten by the Subversion bug? :-) Great if you have.

Alex