Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Samuel Doyle <sd...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/10 01:42:04 UTC

Using sessionIdle to deal with failed responses.

I read in the FAQ that this method can't be used to
deal with a response not being received within a
certain period of time.

Why is this the case?

Thanks, S.D.

Re: Using sessionIdle to deal with failed responses.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 3/10/06, Samuel Doyle <sd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I read in the FAQ that this method can't be used to
> deal with a response not being received within a
> certain period of time.
>
> Why is this the case?

You can if the communication is synchronous.  If asynchronous, it is
impossible because the response for previous requests might be sent.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6